Tuesday 24 June 2008

Our 5 Minutes of Fame!

Well, Don and I had our 5 minutes of fame on the local radio.

It was a bit "in at the deep end" as we were shown straight into the studio whilst the interviewer was talking to another interviewee over the phone, and then Don was asked about his background and why he had decided to market a product online.

I was then given a couple of minutes to explain how we had put the book together and I stressed that many people have a lot of knowledge which can be packaged, and sold on the Web to a global audience.

I think the art of being interviewed is to forget totally about the audience, and just chat to the interviewer as if you are talking to a friend.

So now, when my kids tell me their friends mothers are "cooler" than their mum, I can at least say "Yes, but have they been on the radio?"!

No comments: